What is a divorce specialist and can they do my consent order?

Amicable Forum

What is a divorce specialist and can they write up my consent order?

Hi, I'm going through a divorce and I started it on the government website but now my wife and I need to sort out our settlement. We've read that a consent order will do this for us and we have more or less come to an agreement on this. Is amicable able to help and are they what the government portal calls 'specialists'? What's the next steps? Thanks

Richard at 20.07.2022 14:38:59

Views: 415


Hi Richard, thanks for reaching out to amicable. Yes, we can write up your agreement into a consent order to go to court to be reviewed by a judge. A judge will want to ensure your agreement is deemed 'fair'. We offer a consent order drafting service, where we won't 'unpick' your agreement, however, our drafting team will be able to go back to you and flag an area where a judge might want further clarification. Our consent order service is £900 plus the £53 court fee, and can be split between you both and spread across three months. You can then decide whether you need some extra help through a coaching session, or if you want us to go ahead and send the consent order to court. Please feel free to book in a free 15-minute advice call to understand your options.

Holly from amicable at 20.07.2022 15:13:13

Reply to question

If you are happy for amicable to contact you in the future for marketing purposes, as well as for help and advice on divorce and separation then please tick the boxes below to tell us all the ways you would prefer to hear from us. You can read about how amicable may use your data here, and withdraw your consent at any time.