What happens if my spouse doesn't respond to the petition?

Amicable Forum

Spouse not responding to petition

My husband is ignoring the acknowledgment of service he was supposed to file to consent to our d ivorce. The time has now expired for him to file the acknowledgment at court. The court is currently having backlogs on opening correspondance. I have messages on my phone from my husband stating that he had received the petition. What can I do to proceed to the next stage of the process?

goddess110 at 14.09.2018 8:02:05

Views: 3405


Hi goddess110 – thanks for getting in touch. You have a couple of options, you can either submit an application to the court to prove that your husband has received the papers but is not responding. You can also employ a professional to serve the papers to him in person. Please book a call here if you'd like support from one of our coaches.

Hannah Hodgkinson at 14.09.2018 8:02:05

Reply to question

If you are happy for amicable to contact you in the future for marketing purposes, as well as for help and advice on divorce and separation then please tick the boxes below to tell us all the ways you would prefer to hear from us. You can read about how amicable may use your data here, and withdraw your consent at any time.