Moved abroad but now divorcing my husband

Amicable Forum

Moved Abroad for Husband Now Divoricing Finaces

Hi, I've been married for 6 years. I moved to the UK to be with my husband and relocated my whole life with the intention that we would move back to America eventually. He is now ending our marriage. I am going to have to move back to America alone and once again uproot my life. I will have no secure income there, place to live, etc. Am I entitled to him paying for me to relocate?

Courtney at 13.06.2022 22:05:38

Views: 418


Hi Courtney, thanks for reaching out to amicable. I'm sorry to hear that your husband has ended your marriage. If you and your husband are getting divorced in England, and you want to make your financial arrangements legally binding, then you can submit a financial consent order to be reviewed by a judge. In this, you can outline how you plan on separating your finances, this is optional, however, when you divorce it doesn't automatically end your financial relationship with each other. In order to end future claims you'll need a 'clean-break clause'. You and your husband can decide on how you plan on separating your finances yourselves, or through amicable coaching, or mediation. Book a 15-minute call to understand your options. I wish you the best of luck.

Holly from amicable at 20.07.2022 14:15:50

Reply to question

If you are happy for amicable to contact you in the future for marketing purposes, as well as for help and advice on divorce and separation then please tick the boxes below to tell us all the ways you would prefer to hear from us. You can read about how amicable may use your data here, and withdraw your consent at any time.