Amicable Forum

mortgage transfers?

not married but have a joint mortgage and separating. Is it possible as I have funds to give my partner their share pay off a lump sum of our mortgage and have the existing mortgage transferred to my name without taking out a new mortgage. My partner and I have discussed this?

marion hammond at 15.09.2020 16:24:51

Views: 1814


If you want to transfer the existing mortgage into your sole name, you require permission from your mortgage lender beforehand. They will assess your finances to confirm you can take on the mortgage in your sole name before they agree to your partner coming off the mortgage. You then need a conveyancing solicitor to deal with the transfer of the mortgage and to register the change of ownership with Land Registry.

Emma R. at 16.09.2020 11:18:54

Reply to question

If you are happy for amicable to contact you in the future for marketing purposes, as well as for help and advice on divorce and separation then please tick the boxes below to tell us all the ways you would prefer to hear from us. You can read about how amicable may use your data here, and withdraw your consent at any time.