Can I still apply for the decree absolute years after receiving nisi?

Amicable Forum

decree absolute

my daughter has decree nisi and wants to have decree absolute after aprox 5 years .Has she left it too late?

Lindsay at 21.07.2022 15:39:16

Views: 273


Hi Lindsay, Thanks for reaching out to amicable. Your daughter's case will remain on the court's system indefinitely, unless she applied for a ‘Petition Withdrawal’, D11 application. If she wants to apply for her decree absolute, she will need to complete an 'Out of Time' application with this. I would suggest she contact the court directly, either by phone or using their webchat facility to confirm which court her case is at, and to confirm where she needs to send her decree absolute. I hope that helps.

Holly from amicable at 22.07.2022 13:04:53

Reply to question

If you are happy for amicable to contact you in the future for marketing purposes, as well as for help and advice on divorce and separation then please tick the boxes below to tell us all the ways you would prefer to hear from us. You can read about how amicable may use your data here, and withdraw your consent at any time.