How do you have an amicable divorce following separation?

Amicable Forum

Amicable Divorce following separation

I have been legally separated for 2 yrs,and wish for a full divorce..what do i need to do and how much in costs would i be looking at

Beverly Lewis at 05.03.2021 19:12:10

Views: 2130


Hi Beverley,

If you have been separated for over two years and you have the consent of your ex partner, then you can start divorce proceedings, using two years separation as the grounds for divorce. If you don't have the consent of your partner, you may wish to call us to discuss the other options available to you. Court fees cost £550 unless you are eligible to the Government's Help With Fees Scheme.

You can start divorce proceedings yourself online using the Government's divorce portal, or should you need any help with the paperwork you can use one of our services. Our simple divorce service is £300 and your personal Divorce Coach will guide you through the divorce paperwork. This is a divorce only service and does not sort out the financial side of the divorce.

If you need to sort out your finances, we have other services that may be of interest to you. You can book in a 15-minute free call, to discuss your personal situation.

I hope that helps and wish you the best of luck.

Holly at 11.06.2021 10:36:26

Reply to question

If you are happy for amicable to contact you in the future for marketing purposes, as well as for help and advice on divorce and separation then please tick the boxes below to tell us all the ways you would prefer to hear from us. You can read about how amicable may use your data here, and withdraw your consent at any time.