How it works
- Book an initial free 15-minute consultation to understand whether the amicable process is the best option for you and your partner
- If you need more time you can purchase a one-hour consultation to explore your options
- Get started and sign up to access your amicable dashboard
- Meet your Divorce Specialist who will guide you through the process and facilitate your four negotiation sessions
What's covered in your sessions?
- Goals - You agree on joint and individual goals in your initial session
- Financial disclosure - You explore the reality of your financial situation
- Options - You discuss your options based on your financial position
- Negotiation - You decide and agree on your settlement with the help of your Divorce Specialist
What's included in the service?
- Divorce Specialist - Support from an expert Divorce Specialist to help you and your ex-partner agree your financial arrangements and to support you through the legal journey
- Sessions - Up to four one-hour negotiation sessions to reach an agreement on dividing your money and property
- Divorce - If you haven’t started your divorce already, we'll do this for free, or if you have, we'll support you with the process
- Financial disclosure - Help to complete your financial disclosure for the court
- Consent order - We prepare your consent order, which outlines your financial agreements to the court which becomes legally binding once approved by the court
- The court process - We manage the court process on your behalf
What is amicable?
We’re an online legal service for divorcing and separating couples. Our specialists help couples get divorced, reach an agreement over their finances and agree on arrangements for their children, without needing to use solicitors.
How is amicable different to solicitors and mediation?
We’re different to solicitors because we work with couples together. We also offer fixed and transparent fees that include VAT and enable couples to spread their payments over several months with our flexible payment plans. We’re more comprehensive than mediation because we also prepare couples' legal documents and manage the court process. Our specialists are trained in helping couples navigate the legal and emotional journey of divorce and separation.
What is the divorce process and how long does it take?
Divorces take a minimum of 7 months to be completed due to the mandatory reflection periods. There are several stages to the divorce process and you can start your divorce yourself through gov.uk, or we have services where this is included. Read more about the divorce process reflection periods. There are several stages to the divorce process and you can start your divorce yourself through here.
How much does it cost to get divorced?
If you start your divorce yourself through gov.uk, you will need to pay the government court fee, which is £593. Use our court fees calculator to explore whether you might be eligible for a discount on the court fees. We offer services which include help with the divorce process and getting your financial arrangements made legally binding.
How do I sort out my money and property?
I’ve already started my divorce, can you still help?
If you’ve already started your divorce through the government website, we can help you agree on your financial arrangements and prepare your consent order which outlines this to the court and is made legally binding once approved by a judge.