How it works
- Book an initial free 15-minute consultation to understand whether the amicable process is the best option for you and your partner
- If you need more time you can purchase a one-hour consultation to explore your options
- Get started and sign up to access your amicable dashboard
- Meet your Divorce Specialist who will guide you through the process and facilitate your negotiation sessions
What's included in the service?
- Divorce Specialist - Your own dedicated Divorce Specialist to answer your questions, guide you through the process and conduct your sessions
- Sessions - Up to six one-hour negotiation sessions to help you and your partner agree on how to separate your finances and make arrangements for your children
- Specialist support and introductions - For complex assets, we are able to offer introductions to other specialists such as pensions, financial or tax experts where appropriate and will help you to integrate their advice into the legal framework of divorce
- The ‘legal bit’ - We prepare your consent order which outlines your financial agreements to the court
- The court process - We manage the court process on your behalf
- Emotional guidance - Support with the emotional journey and the transition from parents to co-parents if you have children
You don’t need to use all your sessions, however, we don’t refund unused time or sessionsPurchase Premium Plus Negotiation
What is amicable?
We’re an online legal service for divorcing and separating couples. Our specialists help couples get divorced, reach an agreement over their finances and agree on arrangements for their children, without needing to use solicitors.
How is amicable different to solicitors and mediation?
We’re different to solicitors because we work with couples together. We also offer fixed and transparent fees that include VAT and enable couples to spread their payments over several months with our flexible payment plans. We’re more comprehensive than mediation because we also prepare couples' legal documents and manage the court process. Our specialists are trained in helping couples navigate the legal and emotional journey of divorce and separation.
What is the divorce process and how long does it take?
Divorces take a minimum of 7 months to be completed due to the mandatory reflection periods. There are several stages to the divorce process and you can start your divorce yourself through gov.uk, or we have services where this is included. Read more about the divorce process reflection periods. There are several stages to the divorce process and you can start your divorce yourself through here.
How much does it cost to get divorced?
If you start your divorce yourself through gov.uk, you will need to pay the government court fee, which is £593. Use our court fees calculator to explore whether you might be eligible for a discount on the court fees. We offer services which include help with the divorce process and getting your financial arrangements made legally binding.
How do I sort out my money and property?
If you and your ex-partner are able to reach an agreement over how to divide any money, property, pensions and debt you can have this documented and made legally binding in a consent order. We help couples reach an agreement and we can prepare consent orders and manage the court process.
I’ve already started my divorce, can you still help?
If you’ve already started your divorce through the government website, we can help you agree on your financial arrangements and prepare your consent order which outlines this to the court and is made legally binding once approved by a judge.
Book a free 15-minute callBook Now
Call us 0203 004 4695
Opening hours,9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday