How it works
- Click on the button above to choose a time for your one-hour session
- Confirm the booking by completing you and your partner's details and making the payment
- The meeting will take place via Teams, and you will be sent details on how to join the session
- Meet your divorce specialist to discuss any aspect of divorce or separation, for example, how to tell your children you are separating or whether your financial arrangements are likely to meet the court's requirements
- If you choose to upgrade to one of our negotiation services, we will refund the cost of this initial session
What's covered in your sessions?
What's included in the service?
What is amicable?
We’re an online legal service for divorcing and separating couples. Our specialists help couples get divorced, reach an agreement over their finances and agree on arrangements for their children, without needing to use solicitors.
How is amicable different to solicitors and mediation?
We’re different to solicitors because we work with couples together. We also offer fixed and transparent fees that include VAT and enable couples to spread their payments over several months with our flexible payment plans. We’re more comprehensive than mediation because we also prepare couples' legal documents and manage the court process. Our specialists are trained in helping couples navigate the legal and emotional journey of divorce and separation.
What is the divorce process and how long does it take?
Divorces take a minimum of 7 months to be completed due to the mandatory reflection periods. There are several stages to the divorce process and you can start your divorce yourself through gov.uk, or we have services where this is included. Read more about the divorce process reflection periods. There are several stages to the divorce process and you can start your divorce yourself through here.
How much does it cost to get divorced?
If you start your divorce yourself through gov.uk, you will need to pay the government court fee, which is £593. Use our court fees calculator to explore whether you might be eligible for a discount on the court fees. We offer services which include help with the divorce process and getting your financial arrangements made legally binding.
How do I sort out my money and property?
I’ve already started my divorce, can you still help?
If you’ve already started your divorce through the government website, we can help you agree on your financial arrangements and prepare your consent order which outlines this to the court and is made legally binding once approved by a judge.