Assisted Separation Agreement Service

If you and your partner decide to separate you’ll need to work out how you plan on dividing your finances; such as any money, property and debt.

If you have children, you’ll need to make arrangements for them, such as where they will live and how you will parent moving forwards.

Our Assisted Separation Agreement Service designed for cohabiting couples or couples who wish to separate before they divorce. It’s the right option for you if you have come to a full agreement on finances and children and want to discuss your agreement with a Separation Specialist. You will need to use this service rather than our basic Separation Agreement Service if you have an agreement involving complex assets (more than one property or assets over £2m or a business to divide/discuss) It's important to note that separation agreements are not automatically enforceable by the courts. For more information on this please speak to one of our experts.

Total cost
£1500 Including VAT
  • One payment of £1500 including VAT for both people (includes court fee)
  • One payment of £750 including VAT per person (includes court fee)
  • Option to split amicable's fee across three months

How it works

  • Book an initial free 15-minute consultation to understand whether the amicable process is the best option for you and your partner
  • If you need more time you can purchase a one-hour consultation to explore your options
  • Get started and sign up to access your amicable dashboard
  • Meet your Separation Specialist who will guide you through the process

What's covered in your sessions?

  • Check your agreement - Get expert insight from a Separation Specialist to check whether your agreement is fair
  • Complex assets - If you have more than one property or assets over £2m or a business to divide/discuss
  • Queries about the process or information required

What's included in the service?

  • Separation Specialist - A Separation Specialist to answer your questions and guide you through the process. This includes joint calls to talk through your agreements and answer questions on the Deed of Separation
  • Access to amicable's online portal - this allows you to upload your financial information, keep up to date with the progress of your case and contact your specialist, along with the ability to send us your Memorandum of Understanding to draft from if no further disclosure is required
  • Emotional guidance - Access to support with the emotional journey and the transition from parents to co-parents if you have children


What is amicable?

We’re an online legal service for divorcing and separating couples. Our specialists help couples get divorced, reach an agreement over their finances and agree on arrangements for their children, without needing to use solicitors.

How is amicable different to solicitors and mediation?

We’re different to solicitors because we work with couples together. We also offer fixed and transparent fees that include VAT and enable couples to spread their payments over several months with our flexible payment plans. We’re more comprehensive than mediation because we also prepare couples' legal documents and manage the court process. Our specialists are trained in helping couples navigate the legal and emotional journey of divorce and separation.

What is the divorce process and how long does it take?

Divorces take a minimum of 7 months to be completed due to the mandatory reflection periods. There are several stages to the divorce process and you can start your divorce yourself through, or we have services where this is included. Read more about the divorce process reflection periods. There are several stages to the divorce process and you can start your divorce yourself through here.

How much does it cost to get divorced?

If you start your divorce yourself through, you will need to pay the government court fee, which is £593. Use our court fees calculator to explore whether you might be eligible for a discount on the court fees. We offer services which include help with the divorce process and getting your financial arrangements made legally binding.

How do I sort out my money and property?

If you and your ex-partner are able to reach an agreement over how to divide any money, property, pensions and debt you can have this documented and made legally binding in a consent order. We help couples reach an agreement and we can prepare consent orders and manage the court process.

I’ve already started my divorce, can you still help?

If you’ve already started your divorce through the government website, we can help you agree on your financial arrangements and prepare your consent order which outlines this to the court and is made legally binding once approved by a judge.

Contact us

Book a joint advice consultation

See available times

Call us 0203 004 4695

Opening hours,9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday