Amicable is a trading name for E-NEGOTIATION LTD, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09737396 whose registered address is at Unit 5, Sheen Stables, 119 Sheen Lane, London, England SW14 8AE. E-Negotiation Ltd is a Data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation as amended or supplemented (The ‘Data Protection Laws’).
What data do we collect?
As an amicable subscriber (on the app), upon requesting divorce advice or on becoming an Amicable customer we collect data such as
- Personal data including name, email, address, gender, marital status, partner’s name and address, children’s names, DOBs;
- Your own data that you may upload or submit to the Amicable App;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us, including any request for further Amicable Services, general correspondence, reports of a problem with the Amicable App
- Legally required information for the purposes of helping you resolve your financial negotiations and process your divorce
- De-personalised data which does not record personal data such as the date of your use of the Amicable App, the path taken, the browser used and the IP address etc
What data don’t we collect?
- Financial data – we use Stripe as our payment provider and no credit/debit card information is stored on our servers.
How do we collect the data?
We collect the data in the following ways
- On the Amicable app
- On our website https://amicable.io
- Via our chat app on the website
- By phone if you call the office
- By text/MMS if you choose to send us data this way
How we use the data collected?
We may use data that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide the Amicable Divorce Services. We use your information to provide our App and services to you; to facilitate scheduling; to manage your account; to respond to your enquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Subject to your communication preferences, we may send you emails about new divorce services, feedback requests or any other newsletter or offers and related information. If you change your mind, you can opt out of receiving these marketing communications at any time.
- We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offering, changes to the Policy or about security or fraud notices.
- Subject to your preferences, we may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other
- Third party companies. In certain circumstances we may pass your information on to third party companies for the sole purpose of fulfilling the Amicable Services only, for example by writing legal documents. Aside from this your personal data is used solely by Amicable for the sole purpose of enabling Amicable to act as a service provider to you and is not shared with any person or company without your express consent.
Who has access to your personal data?
We will share your information in the following situations:
- With partners, suppliers, agents and subcontractors who help us deliver the products and services you’ve chosen to use. We have audited these services in line with GDPR.
- When we have legal or regulatory requirements such as a request from the competition authority, law enforcement agency or a credit reference agency.
- We may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications to provide customer service and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with the service).
How long do we hold your data for?
Your details will be held on our servers for 2 years following the last time you contacted us or from the conclusion of your service. This is to ensure that if you require any data in relation to your case, we can access this for you. We will not use your data for any other purpose than to process your service
Any Amicable subscriber or customer statistics that we may provide to prospective Amicable customers or partners are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any individually identifiable data.
Complaints or Queries
Amicable tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal data. For this reason, we take any Amicable subscriber or customer complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage you to bring it to our attention if you think that our collection or use of personal data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
- You have the right to request any information help by us.
- You have the right to modify any data held by us
- You have the right to have any data held by us deleted at any time.
To contact us or to make a request to view any data that we may hold then either email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
E-Negotiation (Internal Compliance Department), Unit 5, Sheen Stables, 119 Sheen Lane, London, England SW14 8AE.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal data is being handled by Amicable, you can complain to the Information Commissioner whose details can be found at: http://www.ico.org.uk/
Changes to this policy
We keep our Policies under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.