My wife has decided to call time on our marriage. She's studying at the moment so can't afford to move out. Long term, she says she's happy for me to keep the house and have the kids most of the time. She says she will forego her share of the equity in the house in exchange for me letting her live rent free for a year until she gets herself sorted. Whilst I want the separation sorted faster, I agreed this in order to keep the kids in the family home to minimise the disruption for them. The thing is, she's refusing to confirm the agreement in writing and I suspect that after living off me for a year, she'll just go after half the house in any event. So I'm wondering if I can either just move out or kick her out. If I go, is there anything I can do to remove liability to pay the mortgage? Or can I get an order to get her out? Surely there is some way to live separately without waiting for a divorce?